True Blessings

April 12th, 2014

You have no idea how much I have been wanting to write about my past year. As you may have noticed, I do not write weekly like I used to because of circumstances in my world that have happened. My life has been quite the whirlwind I never thought I would have to go through. But I did, and I sit here today, truly happy and truly blessed.

I am sure some of you have heard by now, but I have recently divorced. Yep, that's right, a single mother of four boys now. I never dreamed I would be in this position after 20 years of marriage, but it is what it is. What's most important is that I am happy.

Since then, I have been very much relying on my boys to help me more around the house as I start back in my career in real-estate. Every day each son has a chore, if not chores, marked down that they need to fulfill before I get home. It has become very structured. Those chores include laundry, emptying the dishwasher, vacuuming, to mowing the lawn, weed whacking, cleaning the pool, and anything else I can think of. My 17 year old has really stepped up to the plate and has basically become the man of the house making sure all chores are accomplished. And they have been with a few minor tweaks.

And my goodness! Feeding these four boys is like constantly running out of gas. I can never keep them filled up for the life of me. Yes, money has become much tighter and the cupboards turn bare much quicker, but they never have an empty stomach and that's all that's important to me.

My new world has become much harder, yet more rewarding too. You want to know why? Because I have been blessed with people in my life that can see I need help. I simply cannot do it all. Recently, they took notice that everything happened at once. Just this past month alone my lawnmower no longer runs, both weed whackers will not start, and my water softener is shot. I keep telling myself, "Okay Lord, what's going to break today?"

So just this past Thursday, I came home from work, swept up my 11 year old for a baseball game, and looked to the side of the house. I noticed something different. I looked over to my well system and noticed that my water softener and tank had been cut out and replaced with a whole new system. Oh my God, I couldn't believe it! My friend Gordon, who owns his own company, Water Dynamics, here in the Estates, came over without any notice and replaced it for me. All for free I might add. At that very moment I was just filled with not only relief, but the feeling of truly being blessed. I mean, wow, that is the most wonderful thing any one can do for me.

Earlier that day, I get a phone call. It's another friend, Joe, asking me if there is anything I need to have done at the house. I had recently taken care of his dog while he was on vacation, and he wanted to return the favor. So I asked if he was interested in painting two doors. My Mom has been hounding me to paint these two outside doors because I guess they were looking pretty bad. She went out, bought me a gallon of burgundy paint, a new pan with rollers and brushes, and gladly dropped them off. Again, all free of charge. So Joe came over just yesterday and painted both doors. Another wonderful gift.

I had to write this today to recognize all the good people in my world and say thank you, you have been a true blessing for me. They say it takes a village to raise a child. That sentence alone holds so true.

Along with their father, many of my friends and family will be here to teach my boys the ways of life, the many different experiences, and circumstances that will come. They will see what blessings have come our way, and one day, in hopes they recognize the good in others, they too will know they have been taught not only the right things to do, but also the wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings