Gotta Peanut

October 30th, 2013

This morning as I was out by the shed, a squirrel made an appearance from up a tree. I looked up at him, looking closely into his eyes, and he opened both arms up to me as if he were saying, "Where have you been? We miss you."

My heart melted. I thought to myself, "Annette, really, where have you been?" The squirrel was right. I have been so out of touch with my outside world, it's almost like I have given up. Given up on all my little squirrel friends that I fed peanuts to daily. Given up my enjoyment of my red bellied woodpecker, Red, and her two new babies. Given up just sitting in my backyard like I always have while observing Mother Nature. Why, I thought?

It's amazing what happens when life events unfold. The loss of my turkeys, Tom and Jerry, is especially still so hard on me. And my rooster, Roid. No more cock-a-doodle doo, no more gobble, gobble, gobble. All gone. No wonder I have lost all interest, I am still so depressed by it. But I know, I have to push forward and move on. Someday I will have that again, just not now. Too much going on in my life to start that all over.

But you know what? That little squirrel this morning was my blessing. My wake up call to come back and stay back with Mother Nature like I always loved. I need to enjoy my backyard again as all the birds and squirrels surround me as they once had. This even reminds me of the one time sitting under the tree feeding them, and a squirrel actually jumped on my lap. Scared the living dickens out me, but overall, that was pretty cool.

So staring at the squirrel as my thoughts deepened, I snapped out of it and realized, I gotta get a peanut! But do I have any peanuts? So I marched straight into the house, into the kitchen cabinet where I usually keep a fresh bag, and there was nothing. All I could think of was I had to find a peanut! God please, give me a peanut! So I took out some dishes, pushed aside some pans, and there it was. One lonely peanut. Unbelievable!!

So I marched straight back into the yard, found my little squirrel and whispered to him, "Gotta Peanut!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings