Jealous of The Angels

Decem ber 14th, 2013

This time last year was tough on all of us. It was that deep down painful feeling in our hearts we all felt when the news broke about the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings. For me it felt like 9/11 all over again.

I remember being glued to the TV in total anguish. I still can't believe to this day something like this could happen. But it did, and it could happen to any of us, on any given day.

A couple days after the shooting, still numb to the whole tragedy, I made a video. I asked family and friends on Facebook to come up with a song for the video. Many had great ones, but the one that stood out the most was, 'Jealous Of The Angels' sung by Jenn Bostic. It was perfect. You can watch the video at this link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSX6yS-ptM

Shortly after this video was published, Jenn Bostic herself contacted me, thanking me for doing the video and using her song. I thought that was so nice of her to do that.

Today, the families in Newtown, where the shootings occurred, do not want to be bothered whatsoever on this day. Many of the victims' families have asked those who were so moved by this shooting to mark the day by performing an act of kindness in their own communities. This blog is mine.

Wish You Were by Mark Harris;

I wanted to tell you how closely I've kept
The memories of you in my heart
And all of the lifetimes that we had to share
Live even though we're apart
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
No don't you be weary cause waiting for you
Are wonders that you've never known
Just hold on to Jesus, reach out for his hands
And one day They'll welcome you home
And that's when you'll be
Finally free
I wish you were here, I wish you were here
And all of the dreams that you treasure
Will soon come together
And that's when your sorrow will find tomorrow
And you will rise again
We'll run with the angels on streets made of gold
We'll listen to stories of saints new and old
We'll worship our maker that's where we'll be
When you finally find me
I wish you were here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings