Christmas Music, Already?

November 15th, 2013

So I go out the other day to run my typical errands. My first stop was Pet Smart. As I wandered to the back in search for my ever so tasty meal-worms, I stopped and paused for a moment, silencing myself to listen, tipping my ear up ever so slightly. What is it I'm listening to I wonder? Hmmm...is that Christmas music? For the love of God, it was! As I continued to listen to the music, thankfully the store had good taste. It was my wonderful Josh Groban singing Silent Night. But really I thought, Christmas music, already?

So I grab my 500 count meal-worms as they danced inside their container, then asked the gentlemen high up on the ladder, "Why do they have Christmas music playing, already?" He responded, "I know, they have had it playing for two weeks now and it's about driving me nuts!" "You nuts? Me nuts?", I said. (Surprised he wasn't ready to leap off that ladder)

I don't know why, but either Christmas is coming too fast and I cannot accept it, or I better get myself together and get home and start pulling Christmas stuff out of the attic, write down Christmas lists, and get moving!

And the kids I thought. Shopping for four boys, let alone the rest of the family. Good Lord, now I know I'm in big trouble! Thankfully, one of the four have there list completed. And that's always Nickolas and Amazon.com. They all know we spend around $200 on each on them, so they have to shop that way. (So they think). And good job Nick, I see you have three items totaling $197.36 cents in my Amazon.com shopping cart. One done, three to go!

So what on Earth am I going to buy the rest of the boys? Every year the prices get higher and higher, as each one wants technology that has to be better and better. Personally, I have no patience for shopping. Maybe a good thing. I mean really, how many stupid toys can a kid have? How many legos? How many air-soft guns? How many electronic race cars that break within the first week? Or the best ever video game that is the death sentence to all exercise, because you know they will never come out of their room once they get it! Then again, just after writing that last sentence, maybe I should buy a few of those. (te-he-he)

The next stop was Wally World. Or in other words, WalMart. If it wasn't for Walmart, I would be broke! I love that place. So sure enough, I walk in and hear, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way!" "Oh! what fun it is to ride, in a one horse open sleigh!"

Bah Humbug! I felt Ebenezer Scrooge passing through my body that very moment. But then I realized, Christmas really is coming. I need to start feeling cheerful, thankful, and what the true meaning of Christmas is all about.

So I marched myself further into Walmart, headed for the toy section, and thankfully I started my Christmas shopping with a big smile on my face. Hey, it may not have been much, but at least it's a start!

So to those reading this, you better get moving, Christmas will be here before you know it!

Happy shopping everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings