Good Bye My Friend, It's Hard To Die

August 15th, 2013

I say it over and over. Life is too short. I can't even describe in words the way I feel right now about such a young friend passing. Her name is Tina Marcouex and she was just 44. She died Friday, August 15th, at 3:30pm in Wisconsin from a sickness she has been battling for almost a year.

I have known Tina since I was 13. Classmates throughout middle school and high-school. With only being in a class of 117 kids, we are all very close. Tina is now the fourth classmate of 1987 to die, and it's get harder each time one goes. Especially with us still so young.

We grew up together with many good memories but have since grown apart due to the distance of where our lives have left us. She was always full of life, great personality, so silly at times, yet always pouring out tons of love. For years in high-school, her and I became very close, but as our lives progressed, and I moving to Florida, things simply changed. It's been well over six years since I have seen Tina. Six years too many.

Her Facebook page is full of RIP's. We are all just stunned by the news. Tina had been sick for almost a year now, and I never even knew it. That's so sad. But again, when people do become sick, some become very private, trying not to bring sadness into other peoples lives. I think Tina did just that. Never once did she post or message me about her failing health. She must have been determined to get better and it failed her.

Life is too short my friends. I will be 45 soon and have made some serious decisions recently in my life to make sure the next 45 will be the best yet. Tina's death is another good reason for all who read this, to pick up that phone, catch up with family and friends, and never forget the memories.

Tina leaves behind two great kids. Both Jake and Samantha will always have great memories of their mom and I hope them all the best. I am just so thankful I have been able to watch them grow up from babies to adults. My condolences to both and to all of her family.

None of us know how much time we have left on this Earth. What is left in the end are your actions, the memories you left behind and how you made people feel. And what you want to leave behind is people to remember you with love.

- by Brigitte Nicole

Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings