2017

Happy New Year everyone!

Benjamin, Nickolas, Me, Matthew, and Daniel
 

So far so good on my end as to how it's going.  Can't say I have my Christmas tree down yet, but I'll get there.


I remember the years I wrote consecutively each week. Now I am lucky to write once a month, if that.  Though I have many ideas and great blogs I talk to myself about in the van while driving, but what good is that! Maybe I should just start recording audio blogs.  Lol!  I hope to write more, just been busy, so I'll say this from here on out; I am just going to have to write when I can, that's all there is to it. 😊

Every year around this time I write about the past year and changes that reflect it with past blogs and many pictures. One thing I know that hasn't changed a damn bit, is I am still single!  I need to write about the dating scene and the flakes that go with it.  :)

Last year was pretty darn smooth. No complaints.  Health seems good other than the 15 pounds I put on. We can blame it on steroids I need every so often. But I promise to get that all off soon enough. I hope.

Last years "2016"  was a tough one to write and one that took a toll on me. But that's past and I am looking forward to positive health!

2016
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/01/2016.html

JANUARY 2017...and the first week of the year is my son's birthday!
Happy "20th" Birthday Daniel! 



FEBRUARY
Then you have my story of Duma.  My three legged dog.  I wrote that back in February and he seems to have been declining since.  He lost his buddy Major back in November 2016 and to this day, he's still sad and just recently he was diagnosed with Spontaneous Pneumo Thorax. Basically he's losing air in his lungs. I had two quarts of air taken out this past Friday, but it's only a matter of time before he has to be put down.  I cannot afford a expensive surgery and he's had a good life.  

DUMA
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/02/duma.html


Happy Birthday Ben!  The Big "14 now!!



MARCH
I know I had a few quirks over this years, especially on the one blog called, "All Trumped Out!"  I wrote that in the beginning of the year and that was the biggest read blog I have ever written.  Over 2 thousands hits plus.  I have to say it was quite entertaining and I still feel the same way.  He's also one of those flakes I speak of.  A married flake. 

ALL TRUMPED OUT
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/03/all-trumped-out.html



Spring break from school was alot of fun, I was feeling pretty darn good so we headed up for some camping at Peace River to watch the Rodeo in Arcadia.  I tell you, that was the best rodeo I have ever been to. Hope to go again soon!



And as usual, you will start to see it's hard to keep my four boys in tow. In the meantime, Daniel was off to his first trip to DC on his own to meet up with some friends.  I love this picture. Very dashing! By this time, he's now 20 years old and sophomore in college. Very proud of him!


APRIL
I do believe it was April when the 7,000 acre fire that would not stop burning here where I live.  It was a very scary moment in all of Naples History, along with Hurricane Irma who showed up at our doorstep in September.


Then there was a day Matthew came home on some sort of Twitter Assembly at his Elementary school which really made me mad.  You can read my Tweeter Dee and Tweeter Dum.  I still stand by it, though the school board sees differently. 

TWEETER DEE AND TWEETER DUM
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/04/tweeter-dee-and-tweeter-dum.html

MAY
Alot of fun in the Winter and Spring, not too much thrills other than the usual fair, boating, camping, and work.  Oh, and work on this house just about killed me.  During one storm, it blew out the whole east side of my house.  The pool pump, timer, well system, AC compressor, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher.  Talk about wanting to put a bullet in my head!  Ugh!  Thankfully, all has been replaced and by God it better stay that way! 
Happy 80th Birthday Mom!



Love the Fair!


Raising my boys alone is a challenge.  Yes, their father is in their life but only every other Sunday Monday, so really, I physically get one day to myself each month to reflect.  And you know what I do? I stay home, relax, don't have to talk to anyone, catch up on my life, and watch a movie with that tasty glass of wine.  Very very peaceful.  

FLUFF AND STUFF YET NEVER ENOUGH
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/05/fluff-and-stuff-yet-never-enough.html


Mothers Day was one of the best days I had.  I did this little video of it. It's off of Facebook so I hope it comes up.
https://www.facebook.com/annette.kniola/videos/vb.1298973654/10209926487581011/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

JUNE
I headed up to Wisconsin in June with my Mom.  It was great seeing all of the Aunts and Uncles, and I also drove up to see the many friends I graduated with.  I still can't beleve I didnt write about that trip.  I was surrounded by my Moms sisters who are either in a wheelchair, cane, or walker.  And the bickering amongst the 80 plus old sisters... My God, I never giggled so much in my life!  Here are some pics of that trip.  

My Moms Sisters back in the Day
Now...2017...Without Aunt Betty...RIP
My High School Buddies
My Auntie Madge where we stayed at in Wisconsin







Happy "17th" Birthday Nick!!

During this time as well,  I wrote this blog called, "(Ole)d What a Night!"  A blog about the dating scene in Naples. You have to read it.  I have not gone back to even try to see if things change, let alone even bother to date much anymore.  But here's this one from a night out at the Blue Martini.

(OLE)D WHAT A NIGHT!
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/06/oled-what-night.html


JULY
Summer was fun and again boring too. Having the kids home so much we tended to hit the beach or go fishing a couple of times a week. Who's complaining?  😀  But below are pics with their Dad on their yearly trip to the keys. 


Daniel
Nickolas
Matthew
Dan and Benjamin

AUGUST
Come summer brings and the end to most trips, but I got one last one in for the boys to Markham Park and later a fun trip to Germany with my Brother and his wife Angelika.




Of course, we all remember the day that came back in August when people were taking down statues.  Boy, that really made me mad and still does to this day.

GHOSTS OF PAST
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/08/ghosts-of-past.html


SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER
Then came Hurricane Irma, yet another blog I had started, but will just say for now, it was a very big and trying hurricane for everyone.  The calm before the storm was fine since we had plenty of time to prepare, but after, that's a whole different story.  Between no power, messed up yard, no gas, no TV or Internet for 10 days, let's just say I never want to go thru that again!!  I have a ton more pictures, but I am sure everyone has a pretty good clue as to what all of Naples went thru.





The Germany trip I took end of September.  I was just thankful power came back on from Hurricane Irma so I could go on this trip. It did and this turned out to be one of my greatest trips! I can't thank Bruce and Angelika enough, along with Oma, Angelika's Mom, and the awesome hospitality at her home. Along with the interesting stories that came with it.  Even though I don't speak German as they did not speak English, it made it interesting for sure.  Below are the many pictures I want to post and while I was gone, Nickolas my 17 year old made Prom Court.  Great job Nick!!
















This pretty much wraps up most of the year.  I did write a blog on the ATV park that's never going to happen, you may find it boring, but here it is!

ATV PARK GONE BAD
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/10/atv-park-gone-bad.html

My Birthday, the big "49"


Regular me...


NOVEMBER/DECEMBER
Happy 12th Birthday Matthew!!
 


Then came the one blog where I thought I was going to start on a roll writing again, then a big fall back occurred which compelled me to write "Teenage Wasteland".  I have not written ever since because that has truly and still is taking a big toll on me and my entire family.  

You can read my last two here:

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/10/where-have-i-been.html

TEENAGE WASTELAND
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2017/11/teenage-wasteland.html

I will end this blog with some pictures of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I wish you all the best year of 2018!  And as for me, I can feel a very promising and successful life ahead!














 HAPPY 2018!!

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings