2016


Happy New Year 2016!  (Yeah, I know it’s 2017)

This is my yearly recap of my past year and blogs throughout 2016.  I am seriously lagging here. It's already the 30th of January.  So today, I write!

If interested in my 2015 blog, you can find it here and on my blogspot site:

 “2015″
http://kniola.blogs.naplesnews.com/2016/01/06/2015-by-annette-kniola/

To begin, I definitely will say, the year 2016 was the most trying year I ever had since my divorce.  I did the best I could to hide it throughout the year, because I am the positive happy type and I hate writing about dreary bad things.  That's just not who I am and never will be. But in a nut shell,  I was pretty much in bed sick for half the year.  There was still many good times and bad, but let's just say I'm glad it's over.   

My family 2016
                        
January came and went pretty quick.  Majority of December thru April, I was in bed watching Netflix probably 85% of the day, unable to work. Will get to that a bit later.  If you had read the blog of 2015, I am glad to say this month I finally got health insurance.  I was not feeling too well since August of last year, could not afford insurance, so I ended up finally getting Obamacare January 1st 2016.  Amen to that!  Sadly this month I began to stutter and my memory was beginning to fade.  But that didn't stop me from celebrating my oldest sons birthday.  And a big Happy "19th" Birthday to my son Daniel!

Happy Birthday Daniel!

February, I had one surgery behind me and I have never been so poked and prodded in my life!  I was still very ill, a million tests done, and still no answers.  But I still pushed on, got out when I could, and kept trying to enjoy life as much as my body allowed. And a big Happy"13"  Birthday to my newest and now 3rd teenager in the house, Benjamin!  Yay!

Happy Birthday Benjamin!


By March, I had my good days and bad.  It was a very strange illness by this point and still no answers.  I figured it would be a good time to get my will and power of attorney in place.  Yes, I really got to that point of getting all affairs in order.  By this time my memory seemed almost gone and my stuttering worsened. I found it best not to talk anymore. It became embarrassing. I ended up in urgent care this month with poor breathing and horrific sore throat.  On the same day, shortly after, I finally got the call from my neurologist saying I have Lyme Disease. We finally had an answer and it all made sense.  Every possible symptom I had totally relates to Lyme. So the treatment began.  The following week, since planned for months, the boys and I headed to Islands of Adventure.  The boys took really good care of me for sure. (Personally, I should have never gone but I could not take that away from them).
Islands of Adventure

When I did get home, I did find some time to write again. And about Lyme Disease it would be.  Funny thing about Lyme, you really do have good days and bad.  I grabbed the good days when I could and found myself writing at those times.

Lyme Disease and Me
http://kniola.blogs.naplesnews.com/2016/03/24/lyme-disease-and-me/

And with the elections, I got to get my two cents it. ;)

I’m a Democrat. So Shoot Me!
http://kniola.blogs.naplesnews.com/2016/03/06/im-a-democrat-so-shoot-me-by-annette-kniola/

April was actually a month when I could say, "Hey, I think my treatment is working!"  Couldn't say much for my breathing and constant cough, but I was getting out of bed alot more. This month we hit the beach!  Life had a purpose again.  And to be honest with you, as I write this, April still is a bit of a blur. The only thing I could think of was that I know I went to the beach.  Lol!  Sad but true.





Come what May, life was better each day.  Still a little bit of a blur but getting there. Don't even think I wrote to be honest with you.  But I was fortunate to have a trip to France coming in July, so that was something I was looking forward to, though my family was not too happy about it. Either way, May must have been peaceful. I know I spent alot of time at home and with my family. Finally did get that breathing better too.  I started on treatments daily with a nebulizer so I could breathe.  Thankfully now, 8 months later, I no longer need it and the cough is gone.
May 2016

June was a busy month for me.  I just kept getting better and better. This was the month of my Nicks sweet "16" Birthday and my nephews Spencer's High School graduation
Happy Birthday Nickolas!
Love this picture of Nick and I
.

Congratulations Spencer!

More blogs starting rolling out of me in June as well. Sadly, one which brought back many memories of my niece and nephew who have since passed .

Tragedies Never Forgotten ~10 Years Ago Today

Loser Mommy: The Ultimate Betrayal

July was fun!  Couldn't say my breathing got any better but I went on steroids, gained 10 pounds, and got to go to France!  Woop woop!  And good Lord, it was fun and all, but sure enough, I came home much sicker when I left.  One thing about Lyme Disease, you will always have it. It just goes into remission. And if you at all get sick with flu or anything, you awaken the Lyme and you are down for the count.  I lied in bed for 2 weeks thereafter, couldn't kick the cough, and my vision went from 1.50 cheaters to 2.50 practically overnight.  So strange. But I did manage to write about my Blog I have been writing for on Naples Daily News.  USA Today took over and all bloggers got the boot! :(

My Blog to End on NDN
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2016_07_01_archive.html

August finally came which meant the kids were going back to school!  Thank you Jesus!  It was hard enough trying to feed these kids over the summer, but to entertain them?  Forget it.  So shopping was our next adventure up and boy did we shop!

Shopped til we dropped!
Shoes anyone?

First day of school 2016

My August blog apparently was me rambling.  And obviously I was way wrong on this blog;

Economy Blowing Bubbles Ready to Burst!
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2016/08/economy-blowing-bubbles-ready-to-burst.html

September.  Hmmm, what the hell happened in September?  I may actually have to go back and check.  Haven't gone anywhere, still trying to stay healthy.  Well, whatever happened, it must not have been that good.  Can't remember anything?  Nor did I write. Oh Well. :(

Yay, October!  I get to turn "49" on Halloween!  Had a good month.  Started with a full fledged family trip to Indiana to see me niece get married.  Then came back to enjoy a fun camping trip with my boys.  Two anyway.  It's weird, as the kids age, I get left with two working now, they not being able to go on trips much anymore.  But we still had fun!
A Beautiful Wedding
Great pic
Daniel-19, Nickolas-16, Benjamin-13, and Matthew-10

Benjamin and Matthew setting up camp!
Chillin'
Friend Byron and I getting ready to Trick or Treat... camping style!
Happy Birthday to me!
November was here finally, and the elections were HUGE!  Yes, I voted for Hillary, not that clown we have now. My Benjamin made it all the way to the Orlando Championships in football. Naples Bear had a record 12-0 season. Congratulations Benjamin!  Then sadly this month, our dog Majors health was deteriorating.  He had a cancerous tumor in his mouth growing the last few months.  He was maintained on steroids and antibiotics, but the day came he could not longer breathe well and I put him down immediately.  Rest in peace my Sweet Major.  And of course, Happy "11th" Birthday to Matthew!
Go Bears!
His last night with a new
Rest in peace my sweet Major


Happy Birthday Matthew!!

I wrote one blog this month and you could tell I was not into writing so much.  More rambling my in my opinion.

So this is Christmas

December is here! My God, I didn't think I would reach the end of this blog.  Do you realize I have been sitting here almost 5 hours already and still have yet to eat?  Lol!  But I will admit, this month was a grand month!  No, I am still single if that's what you are thinking, but it seems it was a very joyous month all around. Not only did we have a great and quiet Christmas, but my brother got married!  Whoo hoo!!   Along with the other fun stuff we all enjoy during Christmas.

Congratulations Bruce and Angelika!
 
Kim and I after the wedding
Fishing away!

Cousin Jennifer treating us out for dinner.
And I great dinner it was!




Only wrote one blog this December.  Pretty good one too.  Though I have to keep checking back at all my blogs because my editing this year sucks!  Hopefully I did okay on the rest of them, but at this point, to each is own. :)

Growing Pains
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/2016/12/growing-pains.html


Merry Christmas Everyone!

So looking forward to a happy and healthy 2017!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings