Ole(d) What A Night!

 

So I come home last night from ladies night out at the Blue Martini here in Naples.  I was asked out by my friend Sandy because not only did she want me to meet her roommate, but to get out and enjoy some fun.  All I can say is, "Ole(d) what a night!"  Kind of a creepy and interesting all wrapped into one.

It all began around 7pm for the happy hour.  I walked in to meet them at a table near the back. The place was pretty busy and a band was ready to go on.  I found Sandy and met her roommate Nancy, who was 67, 17 years her senior, 19 years mine.  But she certainly didn't look it.  She looked fabulous, as did Sandy.  I, on the other hand, was not as fancied up like the rest of the place, but that's fine. I looked cute enough.😊


Sitting with them already, was a man by the name of Ken.  First thing that went thru my head was, "Wow, they are quick to make moves."  But actually, Ken had an open table to sit at and he invited them to sit with him.  Ken was much older too.  He was 66.  If you wonder why I am throwing numbers out there, because I felt I was surrounded with young women and old men. All night! Yuck!

We get to chatting and overall Ken was a very nice and cordial man.  He seemed to hit it off with Nancy nicely.  All three of us ladies are single and I truly realized, maybe 15 minutes being there, I was at the meat market of Collier County.  Not so much my cup of tea.  My hopes is to find that special someone in the aisle at Publix rather than a place I consider old men and plastic women.  Haha!

Moving on, I write this because of men and their aggressive behavior. I honestly don't even think they care! Even knowing they are doing it behind the wives and girlfriends they leave at home so they can find a new piece of ass.  Yes, a little descriptive, but so true!

Nancy was funny, she kept telling me to turn around and face the dance floor.  No one will see me if I continued facing the wall.  Trust me, I told her, I was just fine and tend to be a bit more reserved in this type of environment, especially since it was years since I have been to that place. Well, about a half an hour later, they started to get picked off one by one to dance with the elderly. I sat there and preferred to just watch. They kept trying to get me on the dance floor, but no thanks. I would hate to see one of the men fall and break a hip or something. Lol!

So time went by and Nancy came up and had me push my chair around, cross my legs nicely, sit up straight and see what happens. I found her quite amusing as I gave in.  Sure enough, less than 5 minutes later, two men, probably in their 60's and 70's walk up to me and start asking all kinds of questions.  My guard went up so fast and my legs turned back into the table even faster.  Now I see what Nancy was doing.  Apparently turning me around like that must have been a sign for a man to approach.  But come on!  I am 48 and I don't want old men salivating over me.  Ewww!!!!

Even worse, the one man that was so intrigued by me was kind, but he had too many questions as his body started to rub up against my side.  I certainly did not panic but was clearly not in my comfort level.  As I continued to talk and slightly move away from him, I accidentally whacked his drink off the table, spilling it all down his shirt and shorts.😲 I felt bad but also wanted to say, "Serves ya right! You are too close and I certainly didn't ask you to come stand next to me.  Let alone rub your old beer belly body against me!"

Both he and his buddy didn't even take the hint.  They actually then pulled up chairs and now the other was trying to move in on Sandy. Good Lord, what is wrong with these men?  I came here to enjoy the ladies and maybe dance, I don't know.  I even asked Sandy, is there any younger men in this crowd? We looked around, there were a few, but not many.

A few minutes later, Ken the nice guy that was their initially, decided to go home.  He offered his seat to me, which was the bench seat against the wall.  A seat he knew I needed because he could see how aggressive these men were being with me.  He was kind enough to throw out some advice as to these men and for me to understand this is what they do. I kindly thanked him for the seat and told him I can handle most anything, it's just making sure my drink goes untouched.  He then left.

Then I could feel the eyes. Eyes of a man standing over the group of ladies next to us.  Eyes staring down Sandy and that sexy dress she was wearing.  As he chatted with the ladies, I of course observe the fact he was on the hunt, all the while wearing a wedding band.  He finally approached Sandy and got her out to the dance floor for some serious dirty dancing moves he put on her.  He told her he was there on business and alone.  That pretty much tells you that he wants to leave with you.  She didn't, of course.

After a couple of hours there, I was more than ready to go.  I asked for my check.  She brought it to me as Sandy asked for hers.  The waitress said, you don't have one. Ken the guy earlier paid for your drinks.  Oh, I see, I have to pay for mine and you get yours free!  She said she rarely pays for her drinks, where I in turn always pay for mine. No fair!  Must be the back off, don't touch me aura I continue to have.  Well, in this case, it came in handy. I was quite happy to pay my own bill.

So as you can see, the single life out there is not all that grand.  Naples especially.  I can see most woman my age and younger are looking for that older wealthy man, in turn, the men wanting just that.  Me on the other hand, don't have a clue what I want, but I know it's certainly not any rich old man!

Yikes!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings