I’m a Democrat. So Shoot Me!

March 6, 2016


Yadda, yadda, yadda…  Yes, I can already hear my Naples readers squirming in their seats.  Lol!

Whatever!

I have been out for awhile for good reasons, but hell, I might as well come back with a……


Just can’t seem to help myself anymore with this insanity that’s going on daily over the news.  Yes, I am talking about the Presidential campaign.

As most of you know, I say it like it is, and really don’t give a rats ass what most think.  Now mind you, we all have our differences in this world and I am very thankful to be very much a part of it, but this election is killing me!  I call it a Trump Virus and I want nothing to do with it.

A virus is a small infectious agent(man) that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms (voters). Viruses can infect all types of life forms(Democrats and Republicans).

I have had numerous thoughts and still see our world has alot of good in some aspects, yet poor in others.  But that doesn’t mean we need this Virus, or whatever you call him, to run our country!

What gives people (Republicans)?  What do you want?  I simply do not get it.  Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence?  Am I missing something here?  I am beginning to think everyone just wants to see our country shaken up by a clown and see how it goes.  No matter the risks.  I find that insane.

I am certainly not writing to you to change your minds.  I don’t care how you vote, it’s your prerogative.  We all have our own thoughts about who should run this country, I am just putting mine a bit more into perspective for you.  But to be honest with you, I still have no idea who I am going to vote for.  I have actually considered not voting at all, but what good would that do me?

Being a Democrat in Naples is like a sin here and I find it quite pathetic.  Funny thing is, I feel most say they are Republicans so they stay with the majority, but deep down, they know the real truth and vote on the contrary.  More than likely most are Independent which is more who I am, but I still cannot seem to change my party on paper.  Just don’t feel like it because I definitely know I lean more to the left.  By far, especially in the personality column.

Most of my family is Democrat, has been for many years.  Goes way back in our blood, all the way up to Wisconsin.  Though I have to laugh now at a couple of my brothers and my Mom.  They have since succumbed with this Trump Virus too!  And I see many other friends have as well.  Good Lord!

My feelings and how I explained last night to my Mom goes like this;  I own a home, have a job, thankfully have brought my retirement 401K back from the hell Bush put it thru, and I have health insurance now.  Can’t say I am for Obamacare, but I thankfully reached deeper and found a plan that is more affordable.  For now anyway.  On top of that, interest rates remain low, and gas prices maintain decent levels.  I feel safe in my country and am still able to write freely.  So what more do we want?  Yes, it can go way beyond that but I am trying to keep it simple here.  I like simplicity.

Overall, this campaign it’s just another constant battle of who’s right and who’s wrong  Who lied and who didn’t. We think we are trapped in our own party, but we do have choices.  We can always walk away and see the light. Sometimes you should. But it’s all a gamble.  We really have no idea what will come of either party.  It’s fate.  Nothing more.

At the end of the day, we are no different then the guy next door.  There is no perfect.  There will always be struggle.  You just have to pick who you want to struggle with in the big office is what’s important. Most important is that you can’t allow people to sway your vote. Including yours truly!


Comments

  1. You say your family has long been Democratic? Why then did your father vote for Ronald Reagan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the beauty of voting. You can vote who you want. Like I said brother, when I wrote this, my party affiliation was Democrat. Since this blog, I changed to Republican to be able to vote in the Primary the best candidate for the seat. Again, I have that right as did Dad. Since then, I plan to go back to a Democrat. We are allowed to change party's in order to vote who we want. It's not a sin. And our family is all Democrat as I wrote, but if you reread it, it reads;
    "Though I have to laugh now at a couple of my brothers and my Mom. They have since succumbed with this Trump Virus too! And I see many other friends have as well. Good Lord!"
    Meaning, you must have either changed your affiliation or simply love Trump! Apparently it's both.
    So lying? I think not. I write what I feel and am damn good at it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the whole vote for who you want thing Annette. I never changed my affiliation and neither did your Dad. For you to write that your family has always been Democratic is ridiculous. I have voted Republican my whole life. Now, because I will vote Republican again, I've apparently contracted some sort of "Trump Virus" that you laugh at?? I wouldn't call that very good writing at all. You are misleading everybody just like the mainstream media. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you happy, I placed "most" my family is Democrat. Hope that makes you feel better. :)
    No misleads. It's my thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings