Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

By

Well Hello there!  Long time, huh?  Lol!
Many changes have gone on since my last past personal blog.  And yeah, I know, I got lazy last month and pushed a letter thru from Chris Lombardo and the Fire Commission ordeal. Hey, he didn’t mind it posted, so why not!   But today I feel like writing about some changes I have seen in the past couple of months.  Not only changes with me, but changes to our community as a whole.

I will begin with our community here in the Estates.  We certainly have some big changes coming our way.  Changes that to many community members feel are great, yet to many feel are sad.  For one, it’s both E’s or G’s stores.  Still don’t know which “letter” it is.  People say both.  Either way, they have since and unfortunately gone under and 7-11 has come in and picked up both stores.
I see it as a good thing because I would much rather see a business continue than a big foreclosed sign on the property.  Then again, many people are upset because we don’t know the fate of the rural feel we all want to hold onto here in the Estates. Me included. First I hear they were going to tear down the one on Wilson Blvd and rebuild.  Which in my opinion, needs to be done due to right-away and space.  It is much too close to the road and pure mayhem to get in and out.  It needs to be moved back.

The other one is on Oil Well Road. Now I hear that one is to be remodeled, keeping that rural look.  But I am curious to see about all of that, because next thing I heard a week later, is now they were both going to stay “as is” and doing remodel on both.  So I don’t know what the hell’s going on!  Lol!  I know the Wilson one looks like a ghost town, have yet to drive by Oil Well.  The Estates is going to have to go a couple of months without some of their last minute needs, but I think we will survive.

Next big change coming up is our park we all have worked hard at. We have raised almost $11 million and we still need millions more to complete what we foresee as a beautiful park.  A big park!!  The decision on moving forward comes sometime in December for the Commission to vote on how to proceed.  That’s one great and exciting news for sure!

Another interesting venture headed this way is Rural Land West.  A community similar to Ave Maria, without they Holiness, but just as big if not bigger.  That location will be east of Desoto.  Both north and south sides of Oil Well Road.  Look for an announcement more than likely next week about it and then watch our property values go right up!  Can’t beat that.  ;)

Next up is Golden Gate Blvd.  It’s being extended from Wilson to 20th Street at this time, but I guess we have the go ahead to make it all the way to Everglades Blvd.  I have yet to see that on paper.  If you drive it now, it’s already being cleared on the south side.  I drive by and see how close it will be encroaching on homes.  That would totally suck!

Also, five of the bus shelters will be removed along this route.  The first one to be removed and was funded by the Land Trust Committee, not the county, is the one on the corner of GG Blvd and 16th St SE.  Parents will not be too happy. The rest will come down in time and eventually will be replaced.  Maybe in two years time.

Then moving on from Golden Gate Blvd, we are looking ahead to Randall Blvd.  That is the next road that needs a good fixin’!  I absolutely cannot stand that little curve as you turn off Immokalee.  So deadly and so busy!   On top of that, Publix is going in on that corner.  Woop woop!  That is very exciting news.  I did find out that it will no longer be a two story Publix, but just one story of 45,000 square feet and a 7,000 square foot shopping plaza, either attached or next door.  But in that same space will be a CVS and a bank.  So that’s all good stuff!  Now we just need a liquor store and The Estates will be one big happy camper!

Back to Randall Blvd.  As you know, eventually this will need to be widened, especially if we have the Rural Land West coming in.  Now mind you, we usually needs impact fees to build our roads to accommodate such a big development.  But common sense prevails.  We know impact fees won’t be coming in fast enough to build or widen this road to the extent needed.  So what had been brought up is that the county give Rural Land West impact fee credits to either build the “S” curve on Randall Blvd or do a straight shot right to Desoto.  Which going straight to Desoto would be insane with all those homes so condensed along the way.  Too much damage to be done and much too costly.  So the “S ” curve was brought into the picture with much less damages to anyone really.  It’s a great route!   Last number of cost to build this road I heard was approximately $52 million.

Now that “S” curve is another feature everyone has been getting their thoughts on.  Basically what the “S” curve is, is Randall to not only to be straightened out somehow there on the corner of Immokalee and Randall, but as it heads east towards Everglades, it will swoop up along the east side of the canal just after 16th St NE.  and connect to Oil Well Road.

This map will help you get an idea of locations I am talking about.  Or at least get a visual.
http://www.colliergov.net/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=60277

Then of course, last but not least, is we have now established our new Growth Oversight Committee.  This group will be planning the future of not only The Estates, but the Rural Fringe, Rural Lands West, and Immokalee.  It’s very exciting news!  I wrote about that in the Opportunity Knocks blog last month.  Yeah, I didn’t get a seat, but I sure am thankful that Jeff Curl did!  He is an awesome guy with true moral values and honest all around.   He has no hidden agenda and will make our community proud with his efforts.  I can feel it!  The rest of the group are others from District 5 and

District 4.  It  nightwill be interesting to see how this goes.
Well, that’s all I can think  of for now other than the next big change is me!  Tomorrow is Halloween and I will be changing to the big ole “47″!  Yeah, that’s me on the broom on the picture below.  You’ll get a glimpse of me everywhere tomorrow night!  ;)
hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings