Hold Your Horses GG Estates!

I say, “Whoa now!” We need to regroup here!

To be honest with you, even being the Secretary on the Civic Association here at the Golden Gate Estates Civic Association, I feel like I am constantly blindsided by all of this new “pop up” future growth that is headed our way. Yes,I know it’s the inevitable and will take years if not more to complete, but where’s the heads up? Everyone knows how I work.  I am thoroughly involved and I want to spread the news!  I’m transparency at its greatest. But unfortunately out here in the boonies, we don’t have it. Which sucks!

Just this past Friday in the Naples Daily News is the farming and mining land recently sold to some company by the name of Metro Exchange Inc. It was sold for almost $38.5 million and covers about 4 square miles. If any one keeps up to areas out here, it is called the S.R.846 that sits in the Rural Fringe. Which is north of the fairgrounds by a couple miles.

I know it had been on the market for quite some time and knew eventually it would create more growth, but I guess it seems everything is happening much to fast and I am praying to God our Commission, along with all involved, carefully plan this. Without any use “other than” impact fees to cover the roads, schools, fire, etc., that will definitely need to be expanded or built.

Thankfully our most recent new developments, the two new 7-11′s and Publix are coming along nicely. The 7-11′s managed to keep the rural feel on the remodel job. Looking pretty good thus far! Should be opening soon.

Publix is going up faster and faster each day. It’s amazing the amount of work that is already done. Last written by NDN is that they are still shooting for November to open. CVS may also be coming as well. You can read the article on that. Especially how Randall Blvd will not be fixed for many years to come. That is going to be one big driving mess!  I have the link below on that article.

One most important issue we all want, as it shows clearly here in this survey taken by our county staff last month, is to keep the rural character of our area. But in a very unique and well thought out plan. Maybe it’s only me, but it’s not being well thought out at the moment. It’s almost getting a bit carried away. Why? 

Because of one word…Infrastructure.

You can look at that survey here.
http://www.colliergov.net/home/showdocument?id=65352
Infrastructure is the basic physical organizational structures and facilities such as roads, power, supplies, needed to operate our community. Such as our new Publix, the future charter school, 7-11′s, the “Super Permit”, which in my opinion has already been decided upon for the 152,000 acres in Eastern Collier County. Being pushed by 9 big landowners in the RLSA(Rural Lands Stewardship Area). In that same location is the Rural Land West community that has already submitted for permitting in the area located east of Desoto Blvd and south of Oil Well Road. Now mind you, Rural Land West I am actually looking forward to because hopefully we will have bigger box stores, movie theater, restaurants, all within this development. But again, I go back to the infrastructure. The roads are barely able to handle what growth we have now, and to add thousands upon thousands of citizens for any of these new developments is going to take some serious thinking. Let’s hope our

Commissioners and the future new round of Commissioners, God help my soul, will do things right.
One more thing I wanted to mention because it will be coming to the board of County Commissioners later this year, is our future Big Corkscrew Island Regional Park.  At this moment budgets are being done and we yet to find out what Parks and Rec will receive.  Which will go towards our park and Donna Fiala’s pool in District One at Eagle Lakes Park.  At the moment, our park holds about $12 million but will need much much more.  In turn, our Commissioner Tim Nance is going to present to the board about financing the park.  Once he gets a handle on what is coming from the budget, he will then know how much to ask.  All we need is three votes from our Commission to finance this park along with Donna’s pool.  I ask for your support on this because interest rates are extremely low and it’s time we move forward and get our park moving along.

I could babble on some more but I wanted to give you the gist of it. And I am having better days since I have been ill. Hopefully I will be able to keep up to all this and share you more of my thoughts.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings