The Final Countdown

NDN C

                                                  Both Endorsed! Very nice!

Yes, the time has come when we have reached the final countdown to this years General Election with only 7 days to go!Thank God!

I want to thank the many people for the wonderful endorsements. The Big Corkscrew Island Fire Department, North Naples Fire Department, Democratic Party of Collier County, Naples Daily News,  Southwest Florida Professional Firefighters and Paramedics-Local 1826, my favorite Air Conditioning Company-Romeo Air, Frank Messana, Heather Lukosavich, Disarro Building and Remodeling, and Peg Whitback.  All wonderful people that got me through my champagne campaign on my beer budget.  ;)

I had no idea this it would end up being quite the interesting race.  Running for Fire Commissioner has certainly brought me some good challenges and some bad.  Mostly good because I want to keep the positive energy going thru November 4th and beyond.

What I have really come to appreciate is that fact that the Fire Commission seats here in the Big Corkscrew Island fire district has certainly been supported by many groups of people. Interesting groups I might add.  But what I do find quite strange is my opponent, Hoffman, and Chris Crossan’s opponent, Ramsey, have had just about all their donations come in from the North Naples District.  Robert Naegele and his extended family has given like 10 donations to each of these candidates.  The strange thing is that Robert Naegele is running for Fire Commissioner in North Naples.  What gives? 

Am I missing something?  Is it because of the merger?  It is all just is too weird in my book.  And the even craziest thing is the amount of money raised for some of these seats.  Now I raised a whopping $2,700 bucks which I am very thankful for, but out here in Corkscrew, Hoffman has almost $10,000 and Ramsey at $11,000.  And get this, Naegele is at $41,000 dollars!  Holy Smokes!  That’s a Fire Commission pay for almost 7 years!  My goodness, what is going on?

Well, moving on, I also want to say the interviews for the Naples Daily News were interesting.  Mine for sure.  I actually looked at mine and laughed.  I am actually more down to Earth than I thought. I amused myself with my outgoing personality and the way I use my hands.  You can tell I have kids at home and that I was nervous.  Who wouldn’t’ be?

After those interviews, waiting for the endorsements from Naples Daily News was very exciting. 

When the posted the results I was happy as a clam! clam

They were so nice as to write about my involvement with the community and how the community can turn to me to share their voice.  That was so nicely put.  Thanks again, Allen, Brent, and Jay!

On the other end of the scope, they wrote, “Hoffman says the information for the merger is not a plan at all and that he doesn’t understand what it’s supposed to be.”
If he came to the meetings, maybe he would.

I will end my fun with a little more amusement.  We have been campaigning on the corners out here in the Estates, and these pictures and a little video take the cake!
Nick Campaign
My Campaign Manager,Blueberry Nick, handing out my cards at the Fall Festival.
Campaign Randall
Corner of Randall Blvd and Immokalee






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings