Champagne Campaign on a Beer Budget

You can certainly tell we are in full swing for this years elections. Especially for the Primary Election coming up August 26th.  I received my absentee ballot already, which I highly recommend. You can’t go wrong.  No worries of when or where to go vote, having the pleasure of your own home without the long lines, totally stress free.  The most stress you’ll get out of it is actually finding a damn stamp! Lol!

And the signs. Signs, signs, everywhere are signs! Can we find one more ounce of land to stick up another sign?  And the amounts of money spent for these signs must be crazy!  Now don’t get me wrong, signs are good, but how many thousands of dollars do you have to spend to compete with all of these signs?  And since I am running for Fire Commissioner here in the Big Corkscrew Island District, I too will be setting up signs in the near future. I suppose, the more signs you have, the more visibility, which in turn gives you a higher chance of getting more votes in order to win.  Well, as I see it, it’s not the sign that counts, it’s the person running for the seat that counts even more so.  I feel I can give back like I have given back in numerous ways for our district.  This position is more important and possibly more intense, yes.  Especially as it may be ending up a bigger entity if the merge goes through.  But it’s something I can certainly handle.  I don’t doubt myself for a minute.

MY CHAMPAGNE CAMPAIGN…
champagne


ON A BEER BUDGET…
mlite
So if you don’t know, most candidates can get their campaign accounts up and running starting from $500 all the way up to $2500. Depends what you are running for.  Little ole me has the opportunity to give myself a $500 donation.  But nope!  I’m on a beer budget and donated a whopping $100 bucks into my champagne campaign.  And another big reason I brought up this title today is because the Fire Commission seats are becoming HOT, HOT, HOT!

Why you ask?  Well, back in February I think it was, I decided to run for Big Corkscrew Island District Fire Commissioner-seat 3.  Commissioner Paul Plamondon was ready to retire and enjoy some time with his family, so I thought I would be a perfect fit.  I am certainly active in the community, I know what’s happening here in The Estates, and I guarantee most of you reading this can vouch for me.  I am here for the long run and I have totally invested myself towards the future of our area.  Whether it’s getting our park built, roads, future developments, I’ll do my best to stay involved.

The highlight nowadays is the fire merger between North Naples and Big Corkscrew Island Fire District.  I never knew these seats would become so hot!  In the past, they practically had to request people to run for these positions.  They are very important seats, yes, but why so much now?  Definitely the merger.  It is a big deal, alot of variables, alot of details to come, and certainly a very good thing in my eyes.

Take a look at www.colliervotes.com and click on local candidates and scroll down to all the Fire Commission seats.  Eight seats in the running.  This has got to be a world record!  It’s all because of the mergers going on.  Not just between Big Corkscrew/North Naples, but Golden Gate/East Naples too.  It certainly cannot be about the money.  The seats in Big Corkscrew, the one I am running for is paid $500 a month.   It’s not a full time job, it’s not a salaried job, and there are no benefits.   It’s a commitment to your community and making damn sure you take care of the taxpayers dollars while overseeing the operation of the Fire Department.

Once your done reviewing the candidates, click on their highlighted names and the list of all contributions and expenditures.  Just look at the amount of money some have raised. Bob Naegele who is running for a North Naples seat has raised $9,000 dollars!  Mike Ramsey over $6,000 dollars!  This can’t be all about money and notoriety, could it?  I’m pretty sure it’s about who you are, what you can do, and the commitment you have.  Do I have all of those?  You’re damn right I do!

Then take a good look at each candidate who is not only running against me, but who is also running against Chris Crossan.  I see team efforts all over the place. A good thing in a sense, but also and odd thing too.  Not only is Bob Naegele running for the North Naples seat against Lombardo, but he and his wife have donated $1000 to both Big Corkscrew candidates, Ramsey and Hoffman.  Just observing like the rest of us.

Now take a look at little ole me on that website.  The only lady running in this whole political debacle.  At least that’s how I’m beginning to see it.  Yep, thanks to the North Naples Professional Fire Fighters, Frank Messana, and Romeo Air Conditioning, I am off to a good start.  And I am very thankful for it.  But as you can see too, I will certainly be running my champagne campaign on a beer budget.  But hey!  That’s okay.  Again, it’s not all about the money, it’s about getting out there, doing what you do best, and let everyone know who you are, what you are running for, and what your plans are.

So there you have it.  My Champagne Campaign on a Beer Budget!

Vote For Annette Kniola-Big Corkscrew Island District Fire Commissioner-seat 3.  And while your at it, Vote for Chris Crossan, seated Fire Commissioner for Big Corkscrew Island District Fire-seat 1.  We promise, you won’t be disappointed!

And if hole is burning through your purse or wallet, feel free to donate anytime. Checks can be written out to Annette Kniola FD. Address to be sent is 1331 22nd Ave NE, Naples, Florida. 34120.

Thanks for reading and happy voting!
face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings