Cruel to Be Kind


 

I can't help but notice a lot has changed in people recently. Most things I let go, still pretty much do, but then there are things I can't understand and simply wonder about.

Since work has picked up again, I am busier than ever.  I good thing, I suppose. But I have noticed many new characteristics in society that does not sit well with me. In my case, many seem so angry and can be cruel. I don't want to point fingers, but it's mainly men. What is it? Have they been caged up so long that now they can finally express their anger and cruelty onto others. Hmmm...😕

Thankfully, I teach my children that if they come across circumstances where they feel threatened or treated in a bad way, to turn it around and kill them with kindness. Total reverse psychology. My kind of, 'cruel to be kind'. And by God, it works!

I work in the hospitality industry, and just from the start of this year I have had more confrontations from people that I can count. Heck, I just had two this past week alone.  

Just one example; I had a client that I had yet to meet up with at a hotel to go over my function of 350 guests from his group to be transported and have dinner at the new TopGolf in Fort Myers. They had bought out the whole place, and I was overseeing this function, along with other staff. Unfortunately, I get this asshole of a client. I actually hope he reads this, though I know he won't. (Oh, and yep, I am going to swear in this blog and don't care).

So I meet with his two company counterparts first and excuse myself for a moment as I had to step away.  I came back to discuss the evening function further, and this man out of the blue (main contact), walks into the lobby area and tells me to leave right now!  I said, "What?" He spouts back, "Didn't I tell you to leave and do it right now?!" And in a very angry, very high pitched voice too. (Holy shit, I thought in my head, what a dick!) I turn and say, "Excuse me, but if we want this night to go well, we must have good communication."  He turned in a wicked way, looked at me and said, "LEAVE!" 😈

Me being the person I am, look straight at him with a smile, noticing a conference lanyard around his neck with the name Mark on it.  I say, "Well Mark, my name is Annette, and it is very nice to meet you." (In my happy voice, of course). I then turn and walk out the door. Ha! I say to myself, yet mystified and confused at the same time.

Moments later, one or the staffers let me know he just got his ass chewed by the same guy just minutes before. This guy Mark was questioning as to why he (staff) was even there, and that HE, (Mark) was in charge and there was no reason for us to be there whatsoever. 

Why is he acting like that we wondered. How can someone that has no idea who we were, let alone seeing we are human, act like such a dick?  My staffer was just shocked at the rude treatment he got. And for God sakes, we are here by your contract Mark!  Hellooooo! And I'm in charge dumb-ass. (Double Ha!) I never said those words directly to him, but I sure wanted to.😏

I called my head honcho in operations to give him a heads up about the situation and to not be surprised a complaint comes in sooner or later. Operations said if only he were there at the moment, he would have a few words to this Mark.

I even told all the drivers on the 9 buses we used, and all the chiefs at TopGolf to be aware of him and by no means is he running the show. (I was simply doing my job). They were great about it and came to me when needed, as Mark surely made his negative trails along the way. Yet I kept that smile going! 😁

I later spoke to the other two contacts and they both apologized to me and said they had no idea why he did such a thing. Possibly some trauma in his life, who knows.  I went on to work with those two the rest of the night and it went great.

And guess what?  Dick-wad Mark approached that male staffer he reamed earlier and apologized profusely for his rude behavior.  He knew I was there all night too. He looked at me a few times, and turned away. No apology, not a word. Why, you wonder?  Because I am a woman. That's exactly why. This is a perfect example of a misogynist. Sad but true.

Yeah, I am swearing and cussing alot on this blog, but ya know what?  It feels fucking great! 😂

So as the story goes, there is alot of cruelty in the world, but take it with a grain of salt. Let it go, kill one with kindness, and life will give you happiness. 💗

~THE END





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings