Peace on Earth

 

 

You have to admit these past couple of years have whizzed by with a strange reality of the new you. Yes, this is me writing to you for a second. Have you found yourself more isolated and somewhat of a germophobic since Covid hit our world almost two years ago? Are you home alot more, or now working at home?  Seemingly more and more out of touch with society, a bit more angry, and less closer to friends? 

Well, that's me, and I don't like it, yet I do at the same time.  Call it a silver lining if you will. Or the new reality. With this reality has also brought on alot of sadness and pain to many. Myself included. I lost my Mom, a close cousin, an Aunt and three Uncles, a close friend, my dog Duma, and cat Pharoah. Though I am not here to write a bummer of a blog. I am writing because not only do I need to start writing again, but all I ask for Christmas this year, is peace on earth. 

(Why I didn't write a book while I have been home all this time is beyond me).  

With this pandemic, many people prospered and turned their lives around in a good way. Me too in a sense. I will just say I made it through. I still have my house, my job, and most important, my family. Sadly on the other side of the coin, you see many that have lost jobs, lost homes, lost everything. For them I pray and be thankful for what I have. Yet being careful to what I could lose too.

Then you have many people that simply don't like each other at all and we all know this political mayhem is the reason why.  Too much emphasis on who's blue, who's red, and the intimidation and actions/reactions that goes along with it. You all know what I am talking about. Just throw on the news for 5 minutes. 

Will this ever end?  

No, unfortunately, I think it's going to be awhile.

Thankfully, I have found my inner peace in these hard times. I no longer worry about being alone as I watch my boys leave the nest, one by one. What happens, happens. I have no control over my fate. None of us do.

With that said, if you know me, I am a very positive, optimistic person. I know my future will be bright, even knowing I have to move forward eventually with downsizing this big ole house as well. I truly love my house, but it has become too hard to maintain. Let alone I'm down to the last child and he will soon be gone.  Can't say I know exactly where I am going yet, but I'll figure it out. I always do.

Well, thank you for reading. I needed to write. It may be a little fluff but I appreciate the many of you that have asked me to start writing again. It is a big passion of mine and hopefully we shall see more to come.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings