Vaccine Dilemma


 


We are certainly posed for quite the dilemma with the vaccines this year.  Seems everyone will do what they can to get an appointment which fills up in minutes at every location here in Collier County. People are getting upset and hopefully there's more we can do.  Well, one thing is for sure, they can't make this vaccine fast enough.

I posted this earlier on my community site on Facebook, but wanted to put it into a blog as well.  My page I on Facebook if you are interested in liking my page or follow.

The Estates Community

What you think about doing mass distributions for the 100 days and 100 million rollout for vaccines under the new administration?  I understand our Florida Governor Desantis wants to keep a tight grip on how we are handling, but I feel more needs to be done. Especially now that it's open to everyone and you have to be a Florida resident. Which is great!
 
I have offered myself to learn to administer shots, and to start helping those in need. Hoping the Department of Health would consider reaching out to the many people that could help. 
 
This article below includes the mass vaccinations sites opening up mega sites in US.  I wonder how they are handling it?

So as more vaccinations are distributed, hopefully more quickly, why not make it happen in Collier/Lee Counties? Starting with using the new Sports Complex, Fairgrounds, Hertz Arena, Jetblue Stadium, up the coast and more. Adding to that, mobile units to areas similar to ours. That's where Amazon can come into play, and actually myself. I picture myself getting trained and authorized by the Health Department to be able to hit those deep rural areas in need, using my own vehicle. I am a Independent Contractor and why not think outside the box here. We need to.
 
I also want to throw out some numbers for you to get an understanding what we are up against. 
 
There are approximately 22 million that live here in Florida. Take that number and cut it down to 15 million who want to take the shot. That's about 70%. Which may be high. We have given a little over 1 million thus far. So that gives us 14 million more to go. At this pace of 25-30,000 daily over the last 40 days, is not good enough. Yes, I understand if we could get more, it will go much faster. So what's on the table, take the 14 million residents and divide into the 100 days, which gives you the need of 140,000 a day or 4.2 million monthly vaccines given to reach this goal. 
 
I understand my numbers are just hypothetical, but in a way, it's real if we want to get this executed in that amount of time. Again, I know we need to have more vaccines and they plan to release the reserves to get this off the ground.
 
We shall see!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings