Family Traditions


Who doesn't appreciate family traditions? I can't think of one person who wouldn't. So, what exactly does a tradition mean to you? 

For me, it's all about my family and my beliefs. I was raised by parents that had 5 children and stayed together through thick and thin. They were married for like 52 years, I do believe. (God rest their souls). We had all the wonderful traditions of the holidays, reunions, summer vacations, and all that great stuff. I had a wonderful childhood and I am very thankful to this day. 

I am also thankful for my four boys, and four tight bonded crazy-ass siblings as well.

Let's hear an "Amen" to that!😇

With the many traditions we hold, there are also extensions of such.  It also goes into our beliefs along with our behaviors. With that said, I am going to indulge a bit further, because I see myself slowly slipping away on certain traditions. I'm probably not the only one.

Reason being, the traditional marriage I worshiped for decades, was tossed out the window 7 years ago. Yet to this day, no matter what, I have stuck by all traditions. That's just how I was raised. But in this world today, how can you hold onto those forever when you are trying to have an inkling bit of fun in your life?  (If you know what I mean? Tehehe...😁)

Simply put...I'm a bit stuck. I was handed a tough deck of cards back in 2013, and there is no way around it now.  Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my kids dearly and will do everything for them, but something is missing. And I am pretty sure you all know what that is. Let's just say, Prince Charming has not shown up at my front door yet. What's up with that? Lol!

I say that because the world of dating is tough. Been there, done that, and it's all the same here in Naples. Simply put; Selfishness. And by all means, you have to come to them. God forbid if they get off their duff and take you out to dinner, or enjoy a walk on the beach.  Nope, doesn't happen. Oh, maybe to the 25-35 year-olds up for the 55-75 aged men. GROSS!

Most men just don't carry those traditional values that I hold close. Yet, I have met some good strong individuals that do. To me, a man showing chivalry and honesty is pure gold. Bummer thing is, once I show any interest in them... POOF...gone! 😲

WTF people?  What am I missing?

So I say, screw it, I need to start breaking some rules people!  (Kidding, but not)

Funny thing too, this family I work for every now and then, chuckle at my stories. The lady friend told me I have to move out of Naples to meet any decent man. My brother concurs. So after the youngest boy goes to college, I may have to move into that 55 and over community after all? 

Not!

So, let's move on to one of my love beliefs. This particular belief is when you find, "The One", you date, fall in love, get married, THEN, "live" happily ever after with a million kids and that white picket fence.  

You don't see that anymore in society. Many jump in and out of relationships or beds of others, break up, moving onto the next, as they bypass tear destined kids along the way. Making no thought of those fragile hearts.💔 Now I am talking the younger generation here.  Kids from 18 to 35ish sounds about right. I have seen it often enough.

With that love belief, I plan to break that rule of tradition. Personally. I would love to date someone, fall in love, and not get married, yet live happily ever after.  Is that so bad?  

No, it's not.

If I have spent 25 years doing the right thing in one traditional relationship, I think I'm allowed to do another 25 or more in a nontraditional relationship.

So all in all, what I have just written is the fact I want to stay strong and solid with traditions and my children, yet there's that little voice in the back of my brain that always wishes for so much more. And ya know what? I deserve it!

 

~The End 😊

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings