The Joker ~ It's No Joke!





Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air,
Where are the clowns?

I am hoping your remember this song, sung by Judy Collins way back in 1975.  I was only seven then, but this song has never left my soul. It's very deep.

Send In The Clowns

It's not so much as the song that brings me to write about, it's about one such clown and the movie, The Joker.  It's truly no joke.

Here's why;

Less than a week after "The Joker" was released, I wanted to go see it. I personally was not caught up in what entailed social media wise, other than the fact I love Joaquin Phoenix. All of his work that he has done as an actor and knowing he lost 50 pounds just to play this part made me curious.

When I walked into the movie theater, I saw a cop. I asked him why he was there. I have never seen a cop inside a movie theater patrolling.  He explained to me that is was the movie, The Joker, is why. I told him I didn't know it was that intense and he responded that threats were made. Threats that had been posted online to social media and expectations for mass shootings at showings of the movie. Apparently, they were not to be taken lightly. 

(Lovely, I thought in my head. Life has gone to this degree? But at the end of the movie, I could understand why).

I walked in, headed to my seat, excited to think I'd be going into a pretty damn good movie.😊 I do love my movies. Especially scary, dark, and deep.

I walked out extremely suppressed.😔  It was one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen.  I felt almost demented and disturbed myself.  Very hard to describe.  Now I understood why there were threats.  Our world is as messed up as the movie.

The Joker himself was dark and highly disturbed. When we talk about mental illness out there, it makes you think twice of those who do have mental illness, in turn, go watch this movie.  A very scary thought. I know many individuals I prefer not to see it. Including all of my kids!  Most definitely not for the young and I'm very serious about that.

It will make you feel strange, not feel well, feel sad, and feel very sorry for those who are down, depressed, and so lost.  Your mind will race into serious thoughts and reflections after.  It took mine into thinking maybe bring in a touch more happiness to anybody's life. To put a smile on their face. Maybe then we can make our world a little better. 

Or are we too far gone?

Yes, you will go to that depth and that dark.  And I know I am all over the place writing this, but you will clearly understand why I am once you see it.  If you do.

While walking out of this movie, I stopped and talked to that cop who was standing near two teenagers by the concession stand.  I wanted to let him know how I felt.  And as I was talking to him, one of the young men behind the concession said he just loved it!  I asked him why?

He said, "Because my Mom was a piece of shit and walked out on my Dad." That he could relate to the movie. I told him I was sorry to hear that but in this society, to put this out there wide open is disturbing. It could make one feel indescribable thoughts and maybe do something with those thoughts. The cop guy had to walk away because he didn't want to hear any spoilers. 

Well, here's my spoiler.  As much as I say don't go watch it, actually do if your a sane adult.  Feel the sadness of our world.  

I just did. 😥



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings