Dear Mommy





'Do you believe me?' ' Do you still love me?'

Those are the words of a young girl by the name of Brooke Skylar Richardson. She was accused of killing her newborn baby and burying her in the backyard of her home in 2017. All the while, no one had any idea she was close to full term on her pregnancy. Her trial just started last week.

Can you imagine what she had been thinking in the back of her mind for all those months prior?  Knowing, yet keeping it a secret?

I find this all very very sad. 

The reason I call this blog, "Dear Mommy", because I not only want her Dear Mommy to read this, but to all Mother's worldwide to please talk to your kids. Understand who they really are.  Don't make them be who "you" want them to be,  appear as how "you" want them to appear, or to only think on "your" terms. 

No wonder kids these days are messed up!  And I as a mother of 4 boys see this all very clearly when I talk to my boys. Ages 22, 19, 16, 13. They are telling me how their friends who don't work get nice cars, won't drive anything under par because their friends may see them in it. Must maintain the appearance and lifestyles just to fit in. 

How sad.😞

"Screw your friends!," I tell my kids. And I mean that literally. "No one is perfect, you have to not only earn it, but be who YOU are. If we all wanted to be like everyone else, life would be a total bore."

Moms, you have to understand there are many ways to go about raising your children to be who they are. To express how they feel, when they feel it. To be open as to how people see them and to accept the fact that no one is perfect. To quit comparing themselves with the rest of the world. It's making our kids mentally incompetent and sick, and we all know it. It's insane, really. 

So I say, "Just stop!"

Trust me, I am no angel Mom, but I know and so do my readers, I tell it like it is. And if you don't like it, too bad too sad! 

I will continue on why I feel this way because this story has really inspired me to write.  Maybe see if you can see what this young lady had and what she has been going through.

Below are clips from article's from all over the Internet.  I will throw my two cents in there for you to understand how I feel.

People Magazine

Brooke Skylar Richardson is accused of killing and burying her newborn daughter in her backyard in July 2017. Prosecutors allege she did not want to be an 18-year-old single mom. Richardson’s attorneys argued that the baby was stillborn and didn’t meet the legal criteria to be considered a child.

Prosecutors allege that Richardson did not want to be an 18-year-old single mom with college only a few months away. In the months after learning of her pregnancy, Richardson didn’t return for an ultrasound, bloodwork or any other treatment, while ignoring calls from the doctor and assistants, prosecutors have said.

(Okay, my response to that...)

No, of course she doesn't want to be an 18 year old single Mom.  No 18 year old does. So in this time while knowing she was pregnant, is it possible she's worried about what Dear Mommy was thinking?  Or society in general?

Apparently Dear Mommy had told her long ago, a pregnancy for her teenage daughter wouldn't be tolerated. 

Oh really, Dear Mommy?  Why is that?  Oh, that's right, come to find out not only were the two of you dysfunctional, but you were very obsessed with your "external appearances"?

Lovely, Dear Mommy. You mentally and physically raised her to end up in the situation she is in now.  Yes, I said it!  You pushed her so far in this bubble world in which you live and now look what has come of it.

USA TODAY

The next day, several hours after she buried her child in the backyard, Richardson went to the gym and began documenting her weight loss in pictures. She sent a text to her mom:

“I’m literally speechless with how happy I am,” Richardson said. “My belly is back omg I am never ever ever evertrrr letting it grt like this again your about to see me look freaking better than before omg.”

Less than 24 hours after prosecutors say she killed her baby, Richardson texted her mom again:

“I’m literally so excited for dinner to wear something cute yayy my belly is back now I am takin this opportunity to make it amazing.”

She also texted her boyfriend:

“Last night was like the worst ever. But I feel so much better this morning. I’m happy.”

(Okay, me again)

How F'd up is that?  Doesn't this pose as a very messed up mind that totally made one of the biggest mistakes of her life due to the fact family and society has made her this way?  She is a sick little girl and personally, whether the baby was alive or not, which they cannot prove, I stand by her.  I really do. 

Cincinnati Enquirer

When her parents walked into the room after the police interview, Richardson addressed her mother. “Mommy,” she said, “I’m so sorry, mommy.”

(Me again)

So enlighten me.  Do you think she would have done something this God awful if maybe this world could simply allow her to be just Brooke?  Maybe a little heavy, maybe a little thin. Why isn't this okay? 

It was not okay because she was raised to make it not okay.  How do you feel about that, Dear Mommy?  Had it crossed your mind that you raised a very insecure, very lost soul, who was pushed to be somewhat a psychotic narcissistic like yourself?  

You better believe you did!  

Washington Post 

"Honey, tell us what happened," her father said, according to the transcript.

“I tried to cremate the baby,” Richardson allegedly said. 

(Me again)

Total bullshit! I feel she is simply lying just to appease her father. Why? I don't know. Tough one to explain. But there isn't one piece of evidence that even remotely shows of any baby burns whatsoever.  And wouldn't there have been some sort of smell even if this were true?  Inside or outside the house...lingering...?

And this all stems from the day she was brought into the police station after the doctor reported her.  I do believe it was 2 months after she gave birth.  

People have to understand, police are trained to reel you in.  They will do whatever it takes to get any ounce of incriminating evidence, whether true or not, out of your mouth. Persuading and forcing a confession. Sadly, on top of that, she asked them if she needed an attorney, and they told her no!! 

Double WTF!!

There's also article's stating she gave birth on the toilet to a stillborn. And it very well could be the case. With her history of malnutrition and anorexia, that baby could have been stillborn. On top of that, for the love of God, how is it possible that Dear Mommy didn't even notice that she was pregnant? Full term even.  How is that possible?  

It's possible because she mentally taught Brooke to understand, appearance is everything!  So obviously, Dear Mommy was just as oblivious as Brooke.  Isn't that right, Dear Mommy?

So there you have it, NOT GUILTY by reason of insanity.

~My Thoughts Exactly!

 

 

 

 










Comments

  1. OMG!!! I think that fathers should read your blog as well. I hope your words are accepted with open minds. We need to come together as a society, and stop the madness. Bravo Annette!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings