It's In The Water Florida!





I have a theory and I feel it's a pretty good one.  Simply put, our water is contaminated!

From reading my last blog, "Breathless", which clearly gave you the indication I can't breathe, let alone I have been in and out of doctors since January, fighting who knows what. And this is not just me, it's many people I know in Southwest Florida. 

The most recent;
Enterobacter cloacae is a nosocomial pathogen that can cause a range of infections such as bacteremia, lower respiratory tract infection, skin and soft tissue infections, urinary tract infections, endocarditis, intra-abdominal infections, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, and ophthalmic infections.  

That's what I am still fighting and it's causing my voice to be so raspy and my breathing to be so difficult. I do believe it's connected to the green algae blooming all over SW Florida.  And the primary algae found here is the cyanobacterium, Microcystis aeruginosa. It is able to proliferate in a wide range of freshwater ecosystems and to produce many secondary metabolites that are a threat to human and animal health.

Since looking deeper into this, I sent a recent inquiry to the U.S. Geological Survey.  They are also in tune with our messed up waters here in Florida.  I wrote;

Hello,

I have been sick for almost 7 months. I do not have a voice, I suffer from bronchial problems, and have recently been diagnosed with enterobacter cloacae in my throat. I did 14 days of Levequin and prior antibiotics, but nothing works. I have a theory and hope you can look into.

I live in Naples, Florida and the algae toxins have become a constant from Lake Okeechobee. That specific algae, microcystis aeruginosa, seems to be the primary algae found, most recently in Naples and Lake Okeechobee. I think it's causing everyone to be sick. Raspy voice, cough, fatigue, breathing, etc.

My theory is it's in the water. I do believe this algae in Lake Okeechobee not only passes through many rivers, canals, and channels, but also through the Florida Watershed which in turn seeps into our well and water systems, passing it on for us to ingest. Whether drinking the water or taking a shower, I do believe there is a link.

I have researched this and it has happened before. (See Research Article below). I'm hoping somebody can do something about it. As far as more proof, I purposely went to Wyoming for 1 week to see if there was a change in my life. I got there and my voice was back to normal and I felt normal. I come back and I'm back to the same thing I was before. Raspy voice, cough, fatigue, breathing, etc.

I will be taking a trip to Massachusetts for a second test at the end of July to see if I become normal there. If so, it's definitely the water. It has to be.

Thank you,
Annette Kniola

Continuing on...

In the article below, I highlighted the enterbactor cloacao and microcystis algae to prove this really could be in our water. I  have since then emailed our county to drop off my water for testing, let the doctors know, and whoever the heck else wants to hear me out.

Abstract


The present studies included evaluation of pathogenic parasitic protozoans, bacteria, fungi and algae collected from drinking water of three sources; wells, tap and three re-purifying water-private companies; from Rafha City, Northern Borders, Saudi Arabia, to count and identify these contaminants. The results revealed three species of parasitic protozoans (Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium parvum and Cyclospora cayetanensis), Four species of Coliform bacteria (Proteus mirabilis, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae and E. aerogenes) beside seven bacterial genera (Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Aeromonas, Acinetobacter and Pseudomonas), five genera of fungi (Aspergillus, Chrysoporium, Alternaria, Acremonium and Exophiala) as well as three genera of algae in tap and the present three re-purifying water-private companies (Anabaena, Microcystis and Oscillatoria). The present results indicated that the three water sources of Rafha city are important contributor to transmission of contaminants to consumers. The present work recommends future field-application of selected specialized antiparasites and anti-bacterial compounds to control, or at least reduce the present resulting contaminators to gain safe levels of drinking water, according to WHO (World Health Organisation -, or at least SASO (Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization) - levels, to reduce the risk of propagation of the present microorganisms.


Recent water tests showing microcystis aeruginosa as primary algae in Naples, Florida and Lake Okeechobee.








Very interesting, wouldn't you think?  I am going to send this blog to FGCU as well.  They are trying very hard to get a grip on this green algae crisis and I hope maybe this can help.  And yes, it could also be in the air traveling off the water as well.

So all in all, no longer will antibiotics do anything for me. ChlorOxygen, an actual Chlorophyll concentrate that really helps. Increasing my oxygen in my blood. Guess you could say I'm replacing the bad chlorophyll with a GNC made one. 😊 I am also quite thankful of  Dr. Gary Bergen, who was my last and final clue. He clearly put all my symptoms into one word: Environmental. 

He nailed it!

Yep, living here no longer suits me and it's time to consider an alternative.  He asked me how grounded I was here, which made me laugh.  Gee, I have been here 30 years, four kids, schools, family, friends. Well grounded I said.  So for now, the short term alternative will be allergists.

Overall, I have since asked myself if I am willing to live in this environment for the rest of life or can they fix it?  Well, you know me, when it comes to finding out where that bouncy, fun, happy Annette went, I'll do whatever it takes to get "Me" back.  Not only to find myself and get healthy again, but to find out if I can even live in Naples any longer.

Stay Tuned!!





Comments

  1. Everything you have researched and said is exactly why I wrote the newspaper and TV stations last year. Gina Tomlinson was kind enough, and the only person, to respond. My thoughts at the time were as horrid as the water quality was, what was to stop a “bloom” being released into the air? Those of us living on the water were obviously affected by both water and air qualities.However, those living near the water would also be affected by algae and red tide blooms released into the air. Neither aspect was good for the environment or for people’s health. It’s imperative to correct the causes for the problem and to avoid future contamination and health problems. Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings