My Blog to End on NDN

June 28th, 2016

That’s right, my Naples Daily News Blog will be history. Which totally stinks unless you are a employee of NDN. So I wonder if they will hire me?
Smile
I do find this all a total bummer. It was a great 8 year run for me and not having NDN as my backbone will be tough. Either way, I do not have a choice. But this new blogging platform they speak of, who will be the bloggers? Very curious.

Thankfully since a couple of years ago, I have tried my best to transfer most blogs to Blogger. This will be my new site for all of you to bookmark on your computer if you wish to find me. I will continue to post my links on My Thoughts Exactly Facebook page and also on LinkedIn. Nice thing too, if you have a Google account, you can comment.Yay!

This is the link;
https://mythoughtsexactlybyannettekniola.blogspot.com/

This is the recent letter we received just to give you the gist of it.

Hi everyone,
The Naples Daily News was recently acquired by a company called Gannett. It’s an exciting time for us as we get to join the USA Today Network and share our journalism with 107 markets around the country.

Part of Gannett also means a change in our website and blogging infrastructure. We will undergo a website overhaul during the summer. With the overhaul, our current blogging technology (WordPress) will be eliminated. Unfortunately, our new blogging technology doesn’t allow access to non-employees. That means you will no longer have a blog on naplesnews.com once we are in the new technology.

You may blog until mid-July. However, if you wish to save your blog entries, I recommend doing so by July 1. If you are still interesting in blogging, I recommend transitioning to https://www.blogger.com/. They are owned by Google and allow easy blog set-up and posting. Their help page should be pretty thorough and can assist you if you are having trouble transitioning.

I wish to thank you for being a loyal blogger on naplesnews.com and for contributing to the conversation on our digital platforms. It has been a pleasure working with all of you.
Please email me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Jigsha Desai
Digital Director

Me again.
So with this all said and done, I want to say thank you to all my NDN readers and hopefully you will look for me and continue reading my blogs.
All the best!
~Annette


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire and Fury-AI to AI

Turkey Turds and Rainwater

Humble Beginnings